Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vogue 8536: Snuggly Blue Mock-Wrap Tee

Since returning from India, I have taken advantage of online fabric shopping, and my inbox is regularly inundated by emails broadcasting sales from Fabric.com, FabricMart, and Denver Fabrics.  Since my local Joann's knit fabric selections are unimpressive at best, I am always pulled to browse the sites when they have knits on sale.  I bought this blue recycled polyester knit from Fabric.com and when it arrived, I was a little disappointed.  It wasn't what I had pictured and was a lot heavier than I thought it would be.  There is a waffle-like knit pattern on the front and the inside was fuzzy.  While it wasn't what I expected, I figured I could use it for something.  


Saturday mornings this past October were spent at the soccer field, and my tropically-thinned blood really needed some warm tops.  I thought of this blue fabric and then thought of Vogue 8536.  If I made the mock wrap version, the front would have a double layer of snugly fabric to warm my chilly bones.    

It came out great, and was even easier than the V neck versions I made a while ago since there was no fussy V to create.  :)

I made a size 16, with the long sleeves.  Once it was stitched it I didn't even bother to hem the bottom.  I just serged all the way around and left it long.  I wonder if I have a long torso since I never seem to hem these Vogue tops with anything larger than a minimal 'turn and stitch'.  A long torso and short legs...sigh.

This top turned out to be a happy use for a questionable fabric.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...