Sarah over at Rhinestones and Telephones is hosting the Fall Essentials Sew Along (FESA). I am joining in!
1. Fashionable Foundations for Frosty Weather : bottoms, trousers, skirts, jeans, etc
2. Chic Chemises for Cool Climates: blouses, tops, cardigans, sweaters
3. Fabulous Frocks: any type of dress
4. Underneath It All: underwear, bra
5. Tender Tootsies (no plans to make socks)
6. Those Cozy Nights: pajamas
7. Baby It's Cold Outside: Outerwear, hats, mittens
Here are my plans so far:
- The green Jalie 2566 cardigan didn't come out wonderfully so I have been procrastinating writing about it.
- The white Butterick 5354, is complete, and I got a coffee stain on it the first time I wore it...arrgh!
- The Kwik Sew 3555 is compete with the exception of sewing buttons on.
- I may also make a long sleeve tee shirt or two using the top portion of the Lady Skater Dress.
- The Marrakesh pants are finished and just awaiting their blog post.
- I have some caramel colored twill that may become the Thurlows,
- I have some gray denim that will become a new pair of Jalie 2908 jeans.
- Skirt fabric is undecided
Ah coats...I love coats! There are too many coats and too little time. I may begin with the McCall's 6800 in a beige & gray coating fabric. I have ordered some navy wool suiting for the Vogue 8333. That one will be a labor of love for sure.
- I will make some pajama bottoms with some bright green jersey knit that has been sitting in my stash for a while.
- I probably won't make any dresses.
- I won't make socks.
- Bras or underwear....maybe. I have been wanting to learn to make bras for a while now. I may get around to it.
So there it is! My big FESA plans :)