Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Look 6789

I made a new dress last week and finished the hem a few hours before wearing it out to dinner on Sunday night.  I have a similar dress that I love the fit of and was looking for a pattern with which I could make a new one.  NL 6789 fit the bill.  I cut a 14 in the pattern and made up a muslin before cutting my fabric.  Based on the fit of the muslin, I decided to grade out at the hip to a 16.  The following day in the Times of India Hyderabad edition, I made it on Page 3 (the society page) wearing my dress:


Here's my pattern review:

New Look 6789
Pattern Description: Misses Dress, Tunic, Top, Pants and Bias Skirt

Pattern Sizing: Sizes 6-16, I made view A: the long dress.  I cut a size 14 and graded to a 16 at the hip.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it did!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the style of the dress.  I have a similar dress that I love and wanted to duplicate it.  This pattern was perfect.  The dress went together easily.  I had no problems with the length of the front and back bands at the top of the dress.  The patterns for the straps were indeed very long.  My straps wound up being 3-4" shorter than the pattern.

Fabric Used:  Cotton paisley print with contrast bands of white cotton.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made a contrast band and straps for this dress.  Used an invisible zipper instead of a lapped one.  I also graded from a 14 at the top to a 16 at the hip.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I really like this dress; it is flattering and easy to sew.

Conclusion:   Great dress and great pattern.  I will definitely sew this again :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...