Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Simplicity 2594: top with back yoke, shoulder pleats and V neck

Simplicity 2594: top with back yoke, shoulder pleats and V neck
I made View E with a V neck and cut on grain.

Fabric Used:  I used a light blue poly-cotton blend

Pattern Sizing:  I cut a size 12 since there was a LOT of ease (normally I’d cut a 14)

Worn with TNT skirt McCalls 3830
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?  
Step 17 was a little difficult to follow.  When I did it, the folded edge of the yoke wound up on the inside of the garment, and you are instructed to topstitch it.  I didn’t want to topstitch on the wrong side of the fabric and would have trouble catching the folded yoke on the inside if I stitched from the right side, so I hand basted the yoke, and then topstitched on the right side of the top. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?   The previously mentioned Step #17 is my only dislike, but it is easy to overcome.  Everything else is a big LIKE!

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  
I used French seams on the side seams although that made the finishing of the armholes a little trickier.  Instead of ‘squaring’ the stitching at the bottom of the armhole, I did a “V” instead. 
Next time, I will raise the armhole up by 1”.  When my arms are out, there is a bit of bra showing underneath.  I just slipstitched the armhole up and inch and that took care of the problem.  

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes and Yes!  I love this top.  There are no sleeves to ease in, yet it covers your shoulders.  For a pear shaped girl like me, it gives the illusion of width across my shoulders.  I already have(!) sewn another one!  :)


Conclusion: 
Love this top!

1 comment:

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...