Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Look 6899: Knit flared skirt

New Look 6899:

Pattern Description:  Knit flared skirt
View E
Fabric Used:  a medium-heavy knit I found in the clearance rack at Hancock Fabrics.

Pattern Sizing:  I cut a 18 but it was HUGE!  I took 1” off of the front AND back at one side seam.  Next time, I will cut a 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I lengthened the hem by 2” to 23”.  I used an invisible zipper at the side seam.  I tried a lapped zipper but the fabric would not lie flat at the seam between the yoke and skirt and had to redo it. I had very bad luck with zippers on this skirt.  The first invisible zipper I put in, broke when I tried to put the skirt on.  The 2nd zipper was the lapped zipper and didn't lay properly.  The 3rd zipper was invisible and the pull snapped in half.  (I get my zippers really REALLY cheap, so I can't be too too too mad), and the 4th was the charm in this case.  

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  The pattern was easy and straight forward.  I thought the instructions for the zipper/waistband interface were rather sloppy, and should somehow be improved.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?   Very cute skirt, I will definitely make another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...