Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Look 6920: Purse


New Look 6920
Purse View E
Fabric Used: I used palm tree embroidered cotton twill that I purchased at Hancock Fabrics for the exterior and some leftover brown pinstripe suiting for the lining.  I also used some ‘pleather’ for the interior pockets.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, absolutely.

Design Changes: I made the purse 2” narrower since I’m not a fan of really big handbags.  I didn’t have round handles so I used arc shaped ones and added tabs to connect them to the bag.  I added an interior zip pouch for my wallet and keys, and a slip in pockets for my cell phone and lipsticks.  I also added a magnetic snap for a closure.
Added slip in pockets to lining pieces before assembly

Pouch for Cellphone, lipstick, etc

Zippered pouch in progress

Zipper pouch installed

Tabs to attach handles

Inside View
Finished!
Conclusion:  Next time, I will understitch the seam allowance to the lining after sewing the bag together.  The lining kept rolling outward, so I pickstitched the seam allowance to the lining after the bag was assembled.  If I were to make the bag again, I would use longer handles so that they would fit under my arm easier and be more of a shoulder bag.  Or I would search harder to find round handles  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...