Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Butterick 4807: Knit Gaucho

Butterick 4807: Knit Gaucho

I seem to spend a lot of time in 'comfy pants', typically purchased from the Activewear section of Marshalls.  I've become a little tired of wearing my variety of black exercise capris and thought I should attempt something that is both comfy and not black.  This was my result:



I made view A: Short Blousy Gaucho

Fabric Used: knit jersey from (eek) Walmart

Pattern Sizing: I cut a 16 and it was HUGE.  I took  them in over 1.5” at the CF and CB seams and 1.75” off at EACH side seam.  So these run REALLY big!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  Piece of cake!


Pattern alterations:  I added non-roll elastic to the waistband.  I thought  it would be better to be safe than saggy.  Now that I have worn these a number of times, I would HIGHLY recommend adding elastic to the waistband.

Would you sew this again or recommend it to others?  I probably don’t need another pair of knit gauchos, but they’re nice for hanging out at home, comfy and dressier than sweats.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...