Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Butterick 4132: Cowl neck top


Butterick 4132 : Cowl neck top

I made View A which is a sleeveless cowl neck top. 
My fabric was a flowy crepe.  I cut a size 14 and graded to a 18 at the waist (which was completely unnecessary!!).  I will cut a straight 14 next time and not grade at all.  The size 14 was perfect through the shoulders.  I initially lengthened the pattern and I shouldn’t have, because I wound up trimming all that I added before hemming. 
I had no problem with the pattern instructions.  I would recommend to make sure you carefully mark the location on the shoulders where the shoulder seam begins.  Other than that, no problems.
This top is very cute.  Looking at it in photos the top makes me seem a little busty, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I am wearing the top with a shortened B4895 (OOP) in a coordinating crepe fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...