2013 was a pretty great year. I made 79 garments this year, and a good number were for other people. I'm actually surprised at how unselfish my sewing was this year. Here are the stats:
Total items sewn: 79
Items sewn for:
My Girls: 32
My husband: 2 (this was a record!!)
Friends: 3 (all swimwear)
And the breakdown of garments:
Tops and Swimwear were the big winners this year coming in at 56% of my total items sewn! Crazy!!
And now my 5 Favorites:
#1 Pink Coat: 54 hours love and attention created the best item of 2013
3. Jeans!! Jalie 2908. I have made 3 pairs and love love love them (even if the expression on my face isn't convincing)!!
4. Vogue 8390 wrap top. It fits, it flatters, I love it.
5. Kwik Sew 3341: Denim skirt with attached shorts underneath. While not flashy in any way, they were comfortable and I wore them very often all summer long.
Not great. I made a little progress on the Sewing with Knits class, but that's about it. I'll put this back on the Resolution list for this year. What's worse is that I bought 2 more Craftsy classes when they were on sale: The Classic Tailored Shirt, and Sewing Designer Jeans.
I made 3 pairs of JEANS!
3. Blog More. Check. 63 posts this year which was up from 46 posts in 2012.
4. Use more of my patterns and resist those super pattern sales at JoAnns/Hancock Fabrics.
OK. I'm not sure I really used many of my existing patterns, but I definitely resisted the big pattern sales. I also made better choices when purchasing patterns and sewing the patterns shortly after purchasing them.
5. Learn to knit something more difficult than a scarf. Check! I did knit a few scarves, but I also tried out circular needles and made a few hats. :)
So what's on the horizon for 2014?
1. Work my way through my 6 (oof) Craftsy courses.
2. Sew a tailored shirt, which should be easier after watching the Craftsy class. I would like to make some dress shirts for my husband, and they would need to be as perfect as possible.
3. Make trousers and more jeans!
4. On a non-sewing note, I plan on getting rid of all of the baby stuff I still have in my house. Car seats, crib, swing etc. It all needs to go.
2013 was a good year, and I'm hoping that 2014 will follow suit. Bring on the New Year!