I've decided on a jacket pattern. It's going to be Butterick 5958.
I've started on a muslin and my first impression of this jacket is that there are a lot of pattern pieces for something that looks so simple.
I started by cutting a 16 an adding a 1/2" FBA, and grading up to a 20 at the hip. I narrowed the shoulders by 1/2" each which is a typical adjustment for me.
It's too big. The front panels are too wide and I really didn't need to grade up so much at the hip.
The bust point is too low; I'm going to raise it up about 3/4":
Edited to add: Thanks to a few good suggestions and advice, I will also widen the side fronts so that the princess seams fall in the right spot.
The back isn't too bad, it's just a little wide especially across the shoulders. Once I get the front figured out, I'll look more closely at the back.
You may be wondering which fabric I'm going to use, the purple boucle wool blend or the light gray wool blend. Neither fabric has arrived yet (my Denver Fabrics order hasn't even been shipped...Arrg!), so I haven't made a decision. Honestly, it might be neither. While at Jo-Ann last week, I bought some dark blue non-wale corduroy which I may use instead. Time will tell.