Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fearless February Garment of the Month Plan...

February is a short month and I am diving in head first.  I'm going to make another lined short coat/jacket!  Here are the pattern contenders:










Butterick & Vogue patterns went on sale at Jo-Ann's yesterday and I may have bought a few...

Butterick 5958: Princess seams and an off-center opening, and either a zip or button closure

Butterick 5966: Princess seamed flared coat with standup collar and hidden buttons

Vogue 8931:  Jacket with front and back darts, waist seam and quasi-peplum, and hidden buttons

Simplicty 2508: Raglan sleeve jacket/coat with center or off-set opening and collar variations.  I will say that I have a bit of a girl crush on the model on this pattern envelope.  She is so gorgeous in that white coat, that it makes me want to stare at the photo and then make a white coat.
 
I have ordered 2 different fabrics: a purple wool blend which is already on its way from Hart's Fabric, and a light gray wool blend which will hang out at Denver Fabrics for a while before being shipped via snail mail until it finally arrives at my house.  Does it drive anyone else nuts when you order from Denver Fabrics/Fashion Fabrics Club (same company btw) and it takes 2 weeks for your order to arrive? 

In the meantime, I need to figure out exactly what kind of jacket/short coat I want.  I'd like an early springtime coat so it won't need to be interlined and super warm, and it won't need to be long.  Decisions, decisions. 

9 comments:

  1. At first glance I thought you were going to make all of those patterns!! I thought "Wow, if only I could be THAT productive!" You've got some great contenders, it will be neat to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Maybe one day I'll make them all, but not this month! :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see it..Know it will be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all gorgeous. Eeny, meeny, miny mo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple wool...I know I'm excited. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Project Runway pattern, but not my decision ;) whatever you choose will be lovely I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo...so many gorgeous options! I can't wait to see which version you choose, and yes, I totally hear you on getting fabric from Denver Fabrics. Where are you, lovely yards of fabric? Why are you randomly parked somewhere in another state??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if it's because it's February, but I've been wanting to make a jacket too even though it's quite warm where I live (Southern California). I can't wait to see what you make!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! :) More info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...