In honor of our meet-up, I sewed up a new top. I used one of my new Jalie patterns that I purchased after winning Day #9 in Pattern Review's 12 Days of Giving Thanks. I made Jalie #2794, the Sweetheart Top.
I wisely made a test run using a forest green interlock knit purchased at Jo-Ann's. I made the sleeves full length rather than 3/4. I made a size X which corresponded to a 39" bust. When I measured the pattern, it was only 36". I thought that 3" was a bit too much stretch for an interlock knit so I did a cheater FBA and cut the bust a size Z, which turned out fine. The shoulders were slightly wide and the neck binding was rather floppy. Since I was using an interlock with not-so-great recovery, I should have shortened the neck band by at least and inch. The neckline was too wide and my bra straps were just covered while standing perfectly still and perfectly upright. Any movement exposed a strap.
|partial orange kitty photobomb!|
|The shoulders are still a little wide|