Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

A Polka-Dot Tankini: Jalie 3023

It's summertime so I am sewing swimsuits again!  I have made another Jalie 3023 Tankini.

Jalie 3023
My first one was made last March and I still love and wear it all the time:


First Version: Blogged Here
 I got the idea into my head that I really really wanted a red polka dot swimsuit, and so this one was born:

 

Ta Da!  I made only tiny changes on this version.  First, I raised the waistband of the bottoms by 1/2".  Second, I lengthened the skirt by 1"; I think the skirt hits my hips/thighs in a better spot now.  Third:  I added powermesh to the front waistband.  It now acts like a little tummy smoother which is awesome!
 
Once again I'm glad I made the little tutorial about the strap assembly and construction.  I referred back to it before I started sewing and it was a good refresher which sped up my sewing considerably. 
 
For this version, I used white for the waistband just for some fun contrast.  :) 
 

Bring on Summer!



 


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tankini! It fits you well. Looks so professional and much better than rtw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I've been wanting to make this pattern ever since I saw you made the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one and this one in the polka dots. I'm gearing up to make one for myself (already made one for DD) Just wondering if you had any issues with gaping in the neckband area? I printed your tutorial on the straps and put it with my pattern :D Never struggling with those again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that tutorial helped you out. I haven't had problems with the top gaping. I always add swim bra cups, so that helps fill the top out. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the red polka dots and it looks really great on you! You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on both of them.. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love your new version! The dots are great. I ordered some dots last year but...hopefully it'll happen this summer. I also made the skirt and found the same issue - too low rise, too short skirt - for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. As drafted I think the skirt would be fine for someone who isn't quite so pear shaped :)

      Delete
  7. Love the polka dots. You have really done a fantastic job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from PR, and love the suit(s). You have done yourself proud. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Making swimwear has become an addiction!

      Delete
  9. I LOVE IT!!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok those swimsuits are so cute I keep saying I will not sew one but everyone is tempting me this year

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this bathing suit! Looks great on you. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...