Let me start by saying this is more of a cardigan shirt than a cardigan that can be worn over something else. The sizing is for a shirt worn next to the skin. I should have realized that from the envelope photo.
I cut a size W, graded up at the hip and did a narrow back adjustment. I also added width to the bicep. The bicep is still too snug, and I need more room through the bust. Check out those drag lines!!
I used some stash fabric: a leaf green active wear knit from Fabric Mart, purchased in May 2013. To make the buttonholes, I used a cut away stabilizer, which worked really well and made a big difference in the quality of the buttonholes.
When I first completed this top the placket was not laying flat above the top button. As it turns out, I didn't like up my buttons correctly and they were all sewn on almost 1" too high! So I snipped them all off, and sewed them back on in the right spot.
The button band lies much better, but I still wish I had more room in the front.