Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Jalie 2566 Cardigan shirt

I have used Jalie 2566 many many times, but this is the first time I made the cardigan rather than the tee shirt. 
Jalie 2566
 

Let me start by saying this is more of a cardigan shirt than a cardigan that can be worn over something else.  The sizing is for a shirt worn next to the skin.  I should have realized that from the envelope photo. 

 
 
 

I cut a size W, graded up at the hip and did a narrow back adjustment.  I also added width to the bicep.  The bicep is still too snug, and I need more room through the bust.  Check out those drag lines!!

 

I used some stash fabric: a leaf green active wear knit from Fabric Mart, purchased in May 2013.  To make the buttonholes, I used a cut away stabilizer, which worked really well and made a big difference in the quality of the buttonholes. 

 

When I first completed this top the placket was not laying flat above the top button.  As it turns out, I didn't like up my buttons correctly and they were all sewn on almost 1" too high!  So I snipped them all off, and sewed them back on in the right spot. 

 

The button band lies much better, but I still wish I had more room in the front.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! Little cardi/tops like this are always so handy to own ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that most of their patterns fit snuggly; sometimes that is great, but other times I kick myself for not sizing up :) Love the cardi, that color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...