Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

"I made them"

Yesterday, two strangers made my day.  I was leaving Sam's Club (warehouse club), pushing my cart and queuing up to have my receipt checked on the way out the door, when I heard a voice behind me:  "Excuse me, where did you buy your blue jeans?"   I was wearing my latest Jalie 2908 brown jeans with rivets.  I turned around and 2 women, probably in their late 50s, were smiling at me.  I said "I made them."  A very nice conversation followed between these two women and I, with me smiling like a fool the whole time.  I even pulled out my pockets to show them.  



They totally made my day!

In other sewing news, my Minoru jacket came in 3rd place in the PR Best Pattern contest.  While out of the official prizes, I was fortunate enough to win the Random prize of a pattern of my choice sold by PR.  I chose...the Ginger Jeans!  I wanted the pattern, but didn't want to spend money on it, so this was a very nice surprise  :)

In other non-sewing news, I am moving to the Richmond, VA area at the end of next month.  Our new house won't have a dedicated room for guests/sewing, but...there is an unfinished walk-in attic.  So I have a new project: to finish the unfinished space by adding: insulation, electricity, walls, lighting and storage to make it my own personal sewing room!  I am very excited about that; I am quite handy and love DIY projects, so I have been scouring Pinterest for inspiration.  There's lots of excitement around here, but not a lot of sewing.

If you live in the Richmond area, let me know!  :)



7 comments:

  1. Your jeans look/fit very nice...you deserved that compliment from the ladies at Sam's! Your walk in attic space sounds like a fun project...what you want exactly the way you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on everything!
    It always feels good when people are valuing your work, whether in person or online :-)
    sn:I'm not in Richmong but I'm not far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are very exciting in your camp. Congratulations! Your jeans are a great fit and I could just imagine the smiles and conversation with those ladies concerning your jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great compliment on the jeans! Have fun building in your new sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking jeans. No wonder the ladies wanted to know where you got them. I am in Richmond. My email is listed on my Google profile. If you want to meet up to talk sewing or let me take you to some of the local ASG meetings, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such news! It's always lovely to get a compliment, and moving rock. All the best with your DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win and how wonderful when someone asks where you buy when you made! Good luck on your upcoming move. We will be moving in August and have to start preparing soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...