I started by tracing a size Z and then compared the pattern pieces of the Eleonore jeans to my beloved Jalie 2908 which I have made several times. I needed to add quite a bit to the hip area of the Eleonore since the widest part of my hip is lower than the pattern's. I also shortened the leg at the knee since I am 5'-2" tall. I then added length back to the bottom of leg to be sure they would be plenty long.
Front view (complete with odd facial expressions):
I have only done a temporary hem at this point so that I can decide exactly how long I want them and allow for any future shrinkage before committing to a length.
Side view: You can see that is a good place for the back waistband to sit. (Everything is covered!!)
Based on the excellent review by Manju of the Eleonore jeans, I compared the pocket size of the Eleonore pattern to my Jalie 2908 jeans...and the pockets of the 2908 were larger so I used those. Since I made adjustments to the back, I needed to check the location of the back pockets. For the first time ever, I entirely basted the jeans together so that I could try them on before determining the best location for the pockets. Smart move:
Based on Manju's advice, I also tightened up the elastic on the back waistband. The instructions tell you to cut the elastic the exact length of the waistband. I cut it 1" shorter and stretched it to fit. That was another wise move, although I could have made the elastic even shorter.