Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring AHEAD! Another KS 3341

We had a snow storm on Wednesday which left us without power for part of the day.  I took advantage of that time by cutting out my next version of KS 3341, this time in a light blue denim from my stash.

Kwik Sew 3341


Using a non-stretchy fabric for the skirt made the assembly much easier than my first version.  I still had a bunch of the bright orange knit left so I used that for the shorts again.  This time I lengthened the legs of the shorts by 2", which is more comfortable for me.  I also lengthened the skirt by 2" as I did in my first version.  

A surprise bit of color underneath!


This time I kept the side slits at the bottom of the skirt. 


I used a leftover bit of cotton for the pocket facing.  I couldn't believe how well the blue in the print matched the denim.

The cotton was leftover from this top, New Look 6920 (unblogged and un-PatternReviewed), that I made in Sept 2011 in India.
(photo taken on my rooftop in India)

Again, the pockets come out really well, and very RTW:



Again I had difficulty constructing the waistband as directed.  I ended up making a casing with the waistband before inserting the elastic which worked much better than trying to attach the elastic first and then make a casing around it.  Now that I have made this pattern twice, I will do the waistband my way from now on.

A lightweight, light color denim skirt is perfect for spring and I'm hoping spring arrives soon.  I have had enough winter!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...