Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Me Made May 2013: The Finale

I made it!

I, Meigan of Get My Stitch On sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavor to wear at least one item of handmade clothing 5 days of the week for the duration of May 2013'

I only took 2 days off the entire month!  Yay me!

Last week I did up the ante and pledge to wear a skirt at least one of the 3 remaining days, and to prove my commitment, I wore one twice instead!

Here is what I wore on the final days:

Day 29: unfortunately no photo from that day but I wore my Kwik Sew 3341 skirt, (which I also wore on day 19 as seen here) but this time I wore a red RTW tee shirt.

Days 30-31:


Day 30: Another Skirt!  McCall's 6654 which is possibly the simplest thing I have ever made.  It is an A-line knit skirt with an elastic waistband.  I made the entire thing on my serger (my regular machine was in for repairs) and I finished the hem with a lettuce edge hem.  It's one of those patterns that I had trouble believing I actually spent money on it is so simple.  Look a the line drawings:


I made view G in a size 18.  So stinkin' easy!

Day 31 is a 2 part-er:  I wore my purple burnout renfrew (again), and went to the beach in the afternoon where I wore my second Jalie 3023 bathing suit.  I do wish I had cut the skirt longer, but I was too quick with the rotary cutter.  Oh well...

So that's it!  Me Made May Mission Accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...