I made view A with the open back and sweetheart neckline. I made a straight size Y. I initially did a FBA on the cups, but I wound up tearing the whole thing apart when the cups were WAY too big. To conserve fabric I re-cut the same pieces to be a straight size Y and they are fine now. If you are small busted, you might find the cups to be very roomy. I would have preferred the straps to be wider and firmer to give more support. That's a change that can be easily implemented next time.
I added sew-in swim bra cups and hand sewed them in.
It has been a while since I have worn a 1 piece swimsuit, and to be honest, I'm not sure how much I will wear this one. There's nothing wrong with the suit itself, it's just how I feel in it.
This suit is not the only thing I have been working on. I have made a few more versions of the Orange Lingerie Marlborough Bra. My reason for learning how to make bras was to incorporate an underwire into a swimsuit. I have been working on a bikini top with an underwire and a foam cup!
This is highly experimental and is very much a case of sewing by the seat of my pants, but I am learning. I have purchased 2 book on bra making and I'm hoping to devour all of the information in them and apply it to swimwear and bra making.:)