Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

A view of the hills...New Look 6894

This blouse spent a long time in the UFO pile.  I had wanted to put lace around the neckline as shown in the envelope photo.  However, even at the "jammed to the ceiling" lace and trip shop, I didn't find anything that matched or that I liked.  And so it sat.  Thinking of the New Year's Resolution to rid myself of UFOs, I decided it was time to finish it, lace or no lace.

Here is the finished product:

Somewhere along the line my iron was too hot and I came very close to badly scorching the front right side, but luckily the fabric just warped a bit, although it will not lie flat.  You can see it here on the right side of the blouse:


Now that the blouse is done, the main thing I have to say is "Wow, is the neckline LOW!"  From my vantage point, I get a nice view of my bra.  I may need to add lace trim after all.
                   

Here is the official pattern review:

New Look 6894
Pattern Description: Misses Blouses with princess seams, and neckline and sleeve variations.

Pattern Sizing: 10-22, I made a 14

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing it?  Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, no problems.

What did you particularly like/dislike about the pattern?  I wanted to make some woven tops with princess seams, so this pattern was a good choice.  A dislike about the pattern is that the neckline is very low.  If I make it again, I will raise it up an inch or two!

Fabric Used:  Cotton shirting

Pattern alterations or design changes you made?  None.

Would you sew it again?  Recommend it to others?  Yes, I would sew it again, but would recommend to others to raise the neckline.

Conclusion:  A nice top, and the princess seams make fitting easy, but definitely raise the neckline!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...